Thursday, October 14, 2010

What A Day

Today has been amazing, just like a lot of my days.  I'm still really happy right now, despite the fact that I've pretty much lost my voice at this point.  I think it had something to do with laughing so much today....

I spent about 9:30 AM until 11:25 AM in the library looking for books for my English research project.  We have to write about an event that happened in the last seventy years or so, with nothing later than 1999.  My topic is Star Wars, the phenomenon it has caused in the culture, with a bit of the mythology and a few other things tossed in depending on what I find.  I ended up with 16 things requested from the reference library with what I found, plus another that I need to get from the public library here.  And then I had to run and talk to my English and Chemistry profs about a couple of things.  Then I had lab.

The fun part was dinner.  I was having dinner with Armadillo (who went home for the weekend, since it's a long weekend, though his computer was stolen like right before he left...) and Tank when a couple of our other guy friends joined us.

Phantom and Private, as I will temporarily dub them for lack of better nicknames, went with us back to Armadillo's room to watch the Turkish Star Wars...which was just sad, I should point out...and a few other things in the kitchen next to his room (he and his roommates have the room at the end of the hall, like me and my suitemates do) and watched that and Turkish Superman Returns...it was quite entertaining.

We managed to spend the remaining hours discussing a Star Wars parody that we're going to try.  Who knows if it'll work, but we're already working on the script and everything, and we've got big plans...and we're going to be trying to do it on five college students' budgets...which would equate to basically no money, since we're all pretty tight on the cash it looks like...

Anyway, I need to go to bed.  I'm about to fall over....

No comments:

Post a Comment