Tuesday, October 5, 2010

FISHIE!


Today has been a very good day.  I’m really happy right now for a number of reasons. 

The first of those is that English went pretty well, and it was quite interesting.  I got my first paper back, and I got a really good grade on it, and I’m very happy with how it turned out. 

I ended up meeting with Dr. J (my English prof) after that to go over my second essay, which the final draft of is due on Monday at the latest, at my request.  He gave me a lot of great pointers and commented on a lot of stuff that I could improve. 

In the end, despite the fact that my draft has a million little marks on it, I’m really happy that I’ve gotten all of that advice.  I’m about halfway done editing it, and I’m aiming to get it done tomorrow night, which would be really nice.

The best part of my day, however, was my new little friend.  His name is Merlin.  He’s my new goldfish. 

I got him after my Biology 110 lab.  Dr. C tried to use them in the experiment today.  Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for the fishies), using them to test how much oxygen they used in cellular respiration in a solution of water that was saturated with oxygen.  The yeast that we used worked wonderfully, but the fish did not.  They did not use up a whole lot of oxygen from the water during the three hours we were in lab.

So, Dr. C. said that four of us could take a fish back to our dorm rooms and keep it.  I’m going to get a tank this weekend and then I’ll get to keep the fish I’ve wanted for the last month. 

All in all, awesome day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment