Friday, October 15, 2010

What a Blast...

The last couple of days have been an absolute blast for me.  I've been crazy busy with all of the stuff I've had going on, but it's been great.

I had an essay I needed to write today, so I spent most of my afternoon working on that.  First I had to find the actual source I needed for this essay.  That took forever.  Absolutely forever.  The subject I picked is the clock tower we have on campus.  It's a landmark, and that works for the assignment.  The problem was that no one actually knew when it was put in or anything about it. 

Eventually, someone managed to find something for me that worked, and off I went...I ended up sitting outside on the concrete (which is cold when it's only fifty-odd degrees...) and writing about half my essay.  I'm much happier with that half than I am the other half.  Oh well, though.

And after that, I went to dinner with Tank and Phantom, since Armadillo went home this weekend.  Apparently, he also got a haircut, which should be interesting to see on Monday. 

The BBC (the cafe where we eat sometimes - our meal plan kicks in at 6 PM over there for certain things) got their Wii out for Reading Day, since only a few of us were actually still there.  They had the Wii Sports, and Mario Kart.  I got to play that, and the best I was in was 2nd the whole time...the best I ended up placing was 3rd, but it was way fun. 

The best part, though, was after Private showed up for dinner.  Turns out, he had Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which the BBC used to have, but they've lost the disk, so we couldn't play it.  But, he had his own copy with him on campus, and he ended up going to get his Wii (since he didn't have it set up) and we got to play that.  I got totally pummeled, but I've only played that a little, and besides, I'm not that good at it to start with. 

It was great, though.  And then me and Tank ended up watching Sense and Sensibility, and that was awesome.  And I'm going to bed now before I fall over...

No comments:

Post a Comment