Saturday, October 2, 2010

Never Again...


That is the last time I am ever staying up that late. 

Last night was pretty fun, all in all, minus the sheer exhaustion at the end of the night…morning….whatever. 

But yeah.  I was up until 4 AM last night.  Never.  Happening.  Again.  I learned my lesson the first time.  I’m not going to repeat that while I’m in school no matter what happens.  After it if I have a night shift at something like…say, a veterinary clinic, that is a different matter entirely. 

The point is, 4 AM is far to late for me to stay up.  Or early.   Whatever you want to call it. 

We watched All Dogs Go to Heaven, which was one of my all-time favorite movies when I was younger. 

Funny thing is, I never noticed exactly how short the songs were.  They all seemed to be so long and amazing when I was little.  Now they seem tragically short because I love them so much.  I always have, and I always will.  That is an amazing movie, that’s for sure.  I could watch it over and over again…I’ll probably end up doing just that, albeit spaced out, now that I have it on DVD. 

Can we say repeat of childhood?  I did that so often with All Dogs Go to Heaven (both of them) and A Troll in Central Park…  I need that on DVD next, I think.  I’m really enjoying watching all of the older movies I watched back in the 90s when I was little.  It’s amazing how good they are. 

Well, maybe not.  They are from a different age, and so much better than nearly everything on TV these days. 

“All dogs go to heaven because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good and loyal and kind.”  -- Anabelle (the whippet angel)

No comments:

Post a Comment