Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of Class

So, classes started today.  I got my first taste of what looks like is going to be a rather difficult school year.  I'll admit, I'm a little worried about some of the things in it, like managing to get all As in every class and all.  And it's a necessity that I do, as well. 

I've got most of what I need to do done - I just have some reading to do before Friday and I have the pre-lab/lab for Chemistry to do.  I finished my History reading assignment, and I think I have some Bio to read tomorrow.  Things have been really crazy, to say the very least. 

Mainly, I think, because I spent the better part of a half an hour trying to get my stupid mailbox open.  I had three people help me before one finally got it, after like the tenth try.  It hated me.  I swear it did.

Then my roommate and I spent what was probably the better part of an hour or so talking about random stuff when I was trying to get my homework started. 

Other than the stupid mailbox - which is over my head, by the way!  I'm 5'4" and it's like six inches above me at the very least.  Ugh.  - the only thing that has gone wrong today is my whiteboard...it doesn't want to erase the stuff that it was supposed to let me erase.  They're dry erase markers, too!  It just won't come off!

So, yeah.  First day was good.  I love those classes...I'm only concerned about one tomorrow, that being composition.  I'm not an essay person, nor do I want to be.  Apparently I'm going to have to be, though, knowing my luck.  I had to do this assessment thing yesterday, and you either got like eight short answer questions that would only take like a half hour in total, or you got two essays.  I, being as lucky as I am, got the essays.  Can we say almost an hour and a half gone?  Eh.  At least I'm not graded on them and I was fairly satisfied with them.  That's all I can ask, really.  I still don't like them, though. 

I have three papers, I think, in total between Biology and History - there's two short ones in Bio and one on the Frederick Douglass book we have for History.  I'm not really worried about those three, to be honest.  I'm pretty sure that I can do them well and get a good grade on them.

I am, however, still concerned about being able to get all A's.  I'm sort of scared that I won't be able to...

Okay, so maybe 18 credit hours wasn't such a great idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment