Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Trolls

There aren't a whole lot of things that bug me as much as trolls do.  Now, I don't mean the school mascots for the schools that have them as such.  I mean those people who post nasty things or lurk in forums intent on bashing people.

They are, to say the very least, one of my biggest pet peeves. And I mean one of my very biggest.

It's cruel and just plain horrible to pick on someone for no reason.  It's even worse when you think you're right for doing something like that.  People do not deserve flames for their creativity. 

If you're going to give them constructive criticism, you don't need to be rude.  You don't need to be harsh.  Be gentle and tell them why you didn't like what they did.  You don't have to bite their head off just because they don't characterize someone properly or something.  You don't need to simply tell them that you don't like it.  Find something that you actually like about their work, and tell them that you like that, and then you can tell them what they did 'wrong' and how to improve it.

People who flame irritate me to no end.  I block flamers.  What annoys me even more is when said flamers retaliate and send you an annoying note from another account.  And then they don't ever let it go. 

Flamers need new hobbies.  I am not one of said hobbies.  Nor should anyone else be.  End of story. 

And tomorrow, we will return to our regular rant-free programing.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment