Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Crazy Day and Short Entry

Today has really been crazy.  Between class and Lab and it just being crazy, I honestly can't think of a single thing to say.  English is fun, but I have another essay to write.  This one is connecting the work of James Agee and Walker Evans from Let Us Now Praise Famous Men.  We have to pick one picture from the photos that Evans took, and connect it to Agee's text from the book.

Easier said than done, I say.  Particularly since I'm absolutely not sure where to go.  At all.  Or what picture to choose.  Ugh.  I love my class (and I did love the readings from A Canticle for Leibowitz that we were doing...until I got to the end of the first book in the novel...and it ended tragically...why do my favorite characters always die?  That can be a subject for tomorrow), but I dislike the essays.

It is English Composition, though, and I really shouldn't be complaining.  I'm glad I'm not an English major, that's for sure.  I don't like writing essays, for all I love creative writing.  Or maybe it's academic writing.  I don't know.  I just know that I don't really want to write this essay, and I'm going to anyway.  Such is life...

No comments:

Post a Comment