Friday, August 27, 2010

Move-in Day

So far, everything has gone very well as far as moving in.  We got to the school at nine o'clock this morning, and we were done with the major organizing and unpacking by eleven or so.  I'm mostly organized now, save for a few things here and there.  My mini-fridge is crammed with mini-Gatorades, and I've got my desk and dresser almost finished.  All but a few things are in their places now.

I've met both my roommate and both of my suitemates already, and they're moved in, and are done unpacking for the most part  The day has been crazy.  As soon as the move-in was over, there was dinner, and then Mama and Dad left.  I hated that part the most.  Hated, hated, hated it.  I really miss them, even as I'm typing this really late at night now.  I blame the whole freshman thing for being up this late.  I didn't mean to, nor did I really want to.  But, despite not wanting to, I went out and spent some time by the campfire/volleyball side area with most of the freshmen. 

To be completely honest, I'm a little numb and more than a bit lonely right now.  I miss Mama.  I miss Daddy.  I miss my sister.  I miss my dog.  I miss the cat.  It's going to be so different here...  I don't want things to change this much...I really don't.  I don't like this much change at once...

At least it looks like I'll get to see them tomorrow.  That much makes me happy.  And I should probably go to bed now.  It's late, and I'm up at 6:30 in the morning tomorrow to get ready for the freshman thing I have to do.  Joy.  Early mornings, late nights...I get the feeling that I'm not really going to like that part. 

Bed now.  Football game with Dad tomorrow.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment