Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Countdown: 1 Day

If there is one thing about leaving for school that I hate above all else, it is saying goodbye.  I've never really been good at them.  I cry and don't want to let them go, usually. 

That's pretty much what I've felt like all day today - I just don't want to go.  I don't want to leave.  I know I have to.  I know that if I don't, then I'll regret it for the rest of my life. 

Today I got to go out to lunch with someone that I've known for years.  She's literally watched me grow up - she's the secretary at the church we used to go to.  I worked in the office with her as a volunteer for about three or four years starting when I was twelve or thirteen.  Even after we stopped going there, my family and I have remained very good friends with her.  My mom, little sister, and I go out to lunch with her from time to time.  It's really a lot of fun.  She is a wonderful, wonderful friend.  I'm going to miss her so much.

My best friend also came over this afternoon.  We watched a movie and a half (Matilda and part of Leap Year, which is a favorite of mine) before she had to go.  We've been friends for almost eight years, and best friends for seven. I blame it on the fact that somebody (her) lost my phone number, though, admittedly, I was pretty bad about calling her, too.  We've almost grown up together.  She's not even a year younger than me, and we're as close as sisters.  Minus the fighting for the most part. 

Mind you, we do bicker, and we have theological discussions (it's very interesting, since I'm Anglo-Catholic and she's Mystic/Pentacostal), but we're the best of friends.  I don't know what I would do without her.  She's been there for me when I've needed her the most, and I've tried my hardest to be there for her. 

It's really hard knowing that I'm leaving and she's going to the local community college.  That means I won't get to see her unless she takes the train to see me some weekend or something. 

I really hate goodbyes. 

And I need to finish packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment