Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Countdown: 4 Days

It has been bittersweet for me today. 

This was the last Sunday I was home to go to my beloved parish and see all of the wonderful, wonderful people there.  I'm going to miss all of them so much.  I'm actually about to cry (again) because of that. 

I've been going to this church for only a year now - my family switched parishes a year ago at the end of July.  The church we're going to now is about a half an hour away and completely worth the drive.  Everyone there has been so wonderful and supportive to me this past year.  I've made so many friends there.  I love all of them, and I know that I will always have a safe place to go back to.  I even have a promise from one of them that I'll get to go out to lunch with him when he's in the area sometime. 

The rest of the day has been pretty quiet - I spent most of it cleaning my room so that I could pack and so that it at least looks decent when I leave.  And when I come back. 

I still haven't started packing because of that.  Oh, well.  Tomorrow after I'm done babysitting it is, I suppose. 

One other fun thing that happened today was that I talked to one of my suitemates - I should say my only suitemate, as her roommate and my roommate both pulled out - online today.  It was nice, and I'm glad that I'll know someone, however vaguely, when I get there. 

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'm just hoping that it's good...

No comments:

Post a Comment