Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Post About Books...

Since I'm at it, I figured I'd comment on the books I'm in the middle of right now.  I've managed to end up in the middle of like seven books, some of which I've been in the middle of for ages.  I also have a bunch of library books to read...but that's just me.  I read a lot and I always have a lot to read...

I'm actively in the middle of three books at the moment:

Midwinter by Matthew Sturges.  (161/344)  This is a good book so far.  It's quite interesting and it's a book about the Fae, most specifically the war hero Mauritaine, who was condemned to live the rest of his life in prison for supposed high treason.  Now, he has to complete a mission for the Seelie Queen, Titania.  If he does, he and the companions he chooses are free to go and do as they wish.  They just have to get through the Unclaimed Lands without being caught by Seelie or Unseelie forces...it's very good so far and hopefully I'll be able to finish it by Friday so that I can take it back to the library...

The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir. (371/473)  Also a good book.  Some of the basis is ridiculous, but it's still a pretty good book.  This is only the second novel this author wrote, having spent a long time as a historian.  Personally, I'm loving this sort of historical fiction.  I love the Tudor Monarchy and the stories associated with it.  Unfortunately, though, finishing this book will mean that I only have one more novel by this author that I could read, since I finished The Captive Queen a couple of weeks ago...alas...

Solitary by Travis Thrasher.  (119/392)  This book was given to me by the author.  He taught the interim course I took a few weeks ago, which I keep meaning to make a post about (I will, eventually).  During the course, he commented that this was his spin on the premise of Twilight (or, as a friend of mine and I call it, Twinkle).  Honestly, this is so much better than Meyer's work.  His writing is better and the characters are very believable...it's a really good book.  I'm not even the kind of person to read supernatural thrillers, but I really like this one.  I'm looking forward to reading more of Travis's work, such as the book I bought from him, Every Breath You Take.  If you haven't heard of him, check out his website HERE, or check out his blog, The Journey is Everything.  He's definitely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment