Monday, March 28, 2011

Yikes

This month has been insane.  I keep meaning to post on here but I never get around to it.  Obviously, that has not happened.  I actually need to post more, and I want to.  I just keep neglecting it when I actually do have time.  Which, really, isn't that often.  I realize that even more so now that I've got a couple of days off from my research project with Dr. H.  Since the subject of our research (bats) doesn't come out in the cold weather, that kind of creates a problem.  We've been recording for them since February 22nd, and we've got one call.  And that one is extremely garbled by electronic interference. 

So, yeah.  The whole bat thing doesn't work very well when it's so stinking cold because there are no insects.  Thus, nothing for the bats to eat.  Which makes our work frustratingly slow.  Spring break was beautiful.  The only problem was that we only got the one bat.  And the weird thing is, the detectors are actually pretty sensitive.  Weird. 

That's what I've been doing almost constantly for a month.  And I have two papers due this Thursday and a test on Friday.  Plus, my best friend might (or might not if things don't work out with her transportation) be coming up for the weekend from our hometown.  So, busy, busy me. 

At least I'm caught up on some of my non-school life.  But not that much. 

And I'm going back to work before I procrastinate more on the papers.  Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment