Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How Busy Can I Get?

Apparently very.  As it turns out, I'm spending 28+ hours in the HSC (the science center) between classes and research.  That being said, as of tomorrow, I'll probably be carrying 19 credits instead of 17.  That would be because I'm adding the field experience course to my credits, too.  It's actually quite fun.  The main reason I'm doing that is because I've got about 23 hours racked up so far and the professor I'm doing research with is leaving at the end of the semester.  He also happens to be my adviser.  Because of that, I'll be switching advisers at the end of the semester, too.  That way I actually have someone I'm comfortable with for the time being.  The new Ecology professor might end up as my adviser eventually - since my future plans are either veterinary medicine or a Ph.D. in Biology with a Zoology or Ecology emphasis so that I can teach at the college level - but who knows how that will turn out.  I've been super busy because of the research I'll be doing anyway. 

Surprisingly, that hasn't stopped me from getting more books.  Or reading a lot of books so far this month.  I think I'm up to like five or six.  And if I didn't have to read The Problem of Poverty for History, I would totally be reading The Reckoning by Beverly Lewis or A Kiss Before the Apocalypse by Thomas E. Sniegoski.  Both of which I'm in the middle of.  Library books and new books.  Even though I haven't actually finished most of the books I have in my room...there are still a dozen in my room that I haven't read.  Not including school books.

Currently, I'm in the middle of Solitary (Still.  Great book.  I just keep forgetting because I'll clean my room and everything I was reading will disappear except for my library books.), A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, The Reckoning, and Millennium Falcon.  Only one of which is a library book.  That's probably not a good thing.  Whatever.

I've also been watching this show called Sanctuary.  My best friend got me into it.  Again.  She does that a lot.  The last time she did this, I fell in love with Castle.  That's one of my favorite television shows ever.  So much so that it's on my birthday list.  It's right under Robin Hood (The BBC tv show, not the movie) and Merlin.  

But yeah.  That's what I've been doing.  And now, I had best get back to reading The Problem of Poverty.  I have to do it by tomorrow and answer discussion questions.  Oh, and I have a meeting with my Psych prof at 7:40 tomorrow.  I can't forget that.  I hate mornings.  Why did I register for 8 a.m. classes again?  Oh, right.  That was the only time Fundamentals of Chemistry is offered.  Right.  And I already had a 9:30 class Tuesday/Thursday.  Note to self: try to avoid 8 a.m. classes next semester if possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment